- This assignment will be in the format of a PowerPoint presentation (Bullet points may be used).❗
- You are educating your peers through this presentation regarding a federal bill you believe may be of interest to nurses.
- Go to https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/subjects/health/6130 (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
- Choose a health-related federal bill of interest. Read through the bill and develop a summary in your own words. Include the bill number and name.
- Here is a link to our U.S. legislative process (bill to law) for review, if needed.
https://www.congress.gov/legislative-process (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
Include the following information in your presentation✅
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Title slide (Your name, NR451, session, Healthcare Policy assignment)
- Bill name and number (indicate either H.B. or S.B.)
- Bill summary (in your own words)
- Address how this bill might impact professional nursing practice standards if passed? If not passed?
- How might the bill impact your own nursing practice?
- How might you communicate your concerns about or support for this bill based on nursing practice, standards, or patient outcomes?
- How might this bill impact your community?
- References slide to include the Bill source in APA format.
- No more than 12 slides
There is no required form or template for this assignment. Please use PowerPoint best practices throughout your presentation.
The following are best practices in preparing this presentation.
- Review directions and rubric thoroughly prior to beginning assignment.
- Watch short Kaltura video. Incorporate graphics, clip art, or photographs to increase interest.
- Make slides easy to read with short bullet points and large font.
|This criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome Bill Identification and SummaryA bill (name and number) is identified and key points are summarized using own words.||30.0 ptsName and number of bill is clearly identified using assigned website. Key points of bill are clearly summarized using own words.|
|This criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome Impact of Bill on Nursing Practice StandardsAddresses possible impact of bill on nursing practice standards if bill is passed and if not passed.||30.0 ptsThoroughly addresses and describes detailed potential impact on nursing practice standards, if bill is passed and if not passed.|
|This criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome Impact of Bill on Own Nursing PracticeAddresses possible impact on own nursing practice if bill is passes; if not passed.||30.0 ptsIdentifies and describes detailed potential impact of bill on own nursing practice, if bill is passed and, if not passed.|
|This criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome Communication StrategiesAddress strategies you might use to communicate your concerns or support for the bill with legislators and peers.||30.0 ptsThoroughly addresses communication strategies to legislators and peers regarding concerns or support for the bill.|
|This criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome Community Impact of BillDiscuss at least 1 possible impact this bill might have on your community||35.0 ptsDetails of at least one potential community impact of bill are included|
|This criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome Mechanics, Organization, and APA formatPowerPoint slides are clear, organized, and logical. References slide is included. Content is error free in grammar and spelling. Proper APA formatting used for citations and references slide.||20.0 ptsExcellent mechanics, organization, and formatting used with minimal errors and used best practices for PowerPoint.|
|This criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome Use of Correct Government Website||0.0 ptsFull Marks0 points lost Use of Correct Government Website|