Assessment: Written task
Written task requiring students to demonstrate knowledge by writing a grant application to extend an existing health promotion program.
The Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Garden Program is successful, established program at several local schools. The community health service now wishes to expand the program into the broader community, and is looking to apply for a VicHealth Social Innovation for Health Equity program grant. As the Health Promotion Officer, you are asked to prepare a grant application for an expansion of the Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Garden program to reach different group(s) in the community.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Your grant application should outline:
(I) the scientific background for the expansion/intervention, aims, methods (description of different group, the perspective of the community group, description of the expansion, evaluation framework(s) to be used), staffing for project delivery, and proposed budget.
(ii) how the expansion/intervention will reduce health inequity
(iii) how you will incorporate the use of Photovoice as an innovative way of understanding the community group's point of view, into the methods
Write your grant application using the following headings as a guide.
Total words (excluding references) 2500 words
2. Lay summary (~200 words)
3. Background (Stephanie Alexander Garden Project, inequities, gaps in knowledge)
7. Description of Photovoice as a methodology
8. Needs assessment description (using photovoice)
9. Inputs (community engagement, other stakeholder engagement)
10. Intervention description (aims, objectives, activities, key outputs)
11. Outcomes (short, medium, long term)
12. Implementation evaluation (e.g. process evaluation description using photovoice)
13. How the interventionwill reduce inequity at a socioeconomic, political and cultural context level (e.g. governance, policy and social norms and values)
14. Staffing (title, employment fraction, responsibilities, justification)
15. Budget (item, unit cost, total cost)
16. Timelines (e.g. gantt chart)
17. Appendices(if required)