Gerontologic Nursing Comprehensive Paper Evaluation Guidelines The scholarly paper is a comprehensive evaluation of an elderly client. A client may be selected in any setting. This will be your scholarly paper for this class. It should be submitted in APA format. References should not be greater than 5 years old. Scholarly references/research articles should be used. The research port of the university’s library is ideal. Throughout your paper you should consider age-related changes (physiological). Please do not write this paper as a health history as in health assessment classes this should be written as a narrative format. This paper is worth 15% of your grade.
The body of the paper is 5 pages long, not including the title page and reference page. Information to be included:
1. Give a brief history of the client; include the medical history, social history
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
2. Explain the individual’s acute or chronic medical issues. If the individual has an acute medical problem, explain how it is exacerbated by the aging process (physiologic age-related changes). If your client does not have any medical concerns discuss how they are maintaining their health. Use research to support your findings.
3. Review the medications that the individual is taking, including any over the counter drugs. Are any of these drugs a problem? Many medications are problems in the older adult. Explain the concern.
4. Explain the functional status? (ADL and IADL) What is their mobility and ability to perform everyday activities? If there are any issues or concerns, explain. 5. Look at the mental health and cognitive ability. Is there any impairment? Is there a concern and if so is it being addressed? Also consider their daily activities including social activities.
6. Evaluate the living situation. Is it a problem or potential problem? Living alone, with family or in a facility; is it a problem or a good fit? Are there safety issues or concerns? Explain. If your client is from the hospital you should be considering their home situation. How will their home/living situation be impacted due to the illness?
7. What are your recommendations to improve the quality of life for this individual?
References Please use a minimum of 5 resources that are no more than 5 years old (textbooks may be used but are not considered as the 5 resources). Make use of journals. You will find your most up-todate information in journals. Do not use Wikipedia and general websites for references.