- First, choose one of the following judicial roles:
- Next, identify a recent or historic criminal case in which elements of victim participation have played a prominent role.
Write a 750- to 1,250-word paper that addresses the following:
- Explain how the judicial role you chose is affected by one type of victim participation.
- Explain how the victim may be affected by this type of victim participation.
- Explain how victim participation affected, or may have affected, the outcome of the case. Use examples from the recent or historic case that you found to illustrate your analysis.
- Explain how a victim impact statement can affect sentencing in general and contribute to either correcting or adding to sentence disparity.
References Must come from:
Karmen, A. (2020). Crime victims: An introduction to victimology (10th ed.). Boston, MA: Cengage Learning.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Chapter 5, “The Ongoing Controversy over Shared Responsibility” (pp. 146–199)
- Chapter 7, “Victims’ Rights and the Criminal Justice System” (pp. 231–272)
And 2 other references of your choice