Modern American Literature Fall 2021
Instructions for the exam:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Answers must be in complete sentences, coherent, and address the question(s) being asked.
- Make sure that you answer everything that is asked in the question. Failure to do so will result in a deduction of points.
- Your answers must be at least 5 sentences each; anything less will receive an automatic deduction of points.
- Don’t forget proper punctuation for titles of works!
- No plagiarism tolerated on this exam. If anything is plagiarized, you will receive a 0 (zero) for the entire exam.
- Please delete these instructions from your document before turning in your exam. Do include the questions along with your answers.
- 10 points each maximum/100 points total possible
Elements of Fiction – Short Answer
For each element of fiction listed below, define the element, give an example from one of the works we have read since our last exam, and explain the element in context of the story/poem. A work may only be used once for #1 through #7. If a work is repeated, even if the answer is correct, I will mark it wrong. Don’t repeat works.
- Point of View
- Style, Tone & Language
- Symbolism & Imagery
Short Answer (15 points each)
- This semester we have studied women who wrote at the end of the 1800’s and beginning of the 1900’s. What did these women write about? What was going on with women during this time period that affected their writing? Use one or more of the women and/or their work(s) to help illustrate your answer.
- Compare and contrast Booker T. Washington and W. E. B. Du Bois: their lives, their works, their philosophies, etc. Name three things that are similar about the two men and three things that are different. This should be in sentence form, and you should explain your answers.