Case Study (105 points)
In January of 2020, you were hired as the HR Director by your close friend, the President of Technological Innovation and Practice, Inc. Technological Innovation and Practice, Inc. is a large, growing information technology company that serves businesses around the globe. Currently, the company employs over 40 full-time IT professionals, 15 customer service agents, and 11 administrative assistants. In February of 2020, the company projected that by January of 2021, it would employ over 480 full-time professionals. While the organization has a strong employee handbook in place, the performance management system is lacking. It appears that performance appraisals have been conducted once a year; however, employees often feel shocked by their appraisal.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Mohammed, who has worked for the organization since its inception, has explained that the formal meetings, which take place annually, are problematic. He has informed you that upper-level management provides feedback to employees; however, employees are not allowed to contribute during the feedback process. In fact, Mohammed stated that employees are only present for the meeting and cannot provide any rebuttal if they do not agree with the rating given. Furthermore, the assessment used does not allow for comments and only utilizes a four-point Likert-type scale. In the assessment, all employees, regardless of position/roles and responsibilities, are assessed based upon three factors: (1) communication, (2) problem-solving abilities, and (3) ability to work with teammates.
Based upon the information provided by Mohammed, address the following:
- What are the benefits and drawbacks associated with the annual performance review process, as it currently stands? What recommendations would you make to improve the annual performance review process?
- What information should be considered when creating a strong performance evaluation form? What are some of the issues associated with the current form? What recommendations would you make to improve the current performance appraisal form? Why?
- What is the relationship between an organization’s annual performance review process/evaluation assessment and employee motivation?
Ensure to integrate sufficient support from scholarly resources throughout the assignment. Use suitable headings and subheadings to organize the work in an appropriate manner.
Be sure to support your statements with logic and argument, citing any sources referenced.
Your well-written paper should meet the following requirements:
- Be 4 pages in length, which does not include the title page, abstract, or required reference page, which are never a part of the content minimum requirements.
- Use APA style guidelines.
- Support your submission with course material concepts, principles, and theories from the textbook and at least three scholarly, peer-reviewed journal articles.