Week 12 – Overview & Learning Objectives
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Chapter 12 – Internal Employee Relations.pptx Chapter 12 – Internal Employee Relations.pptx – Alternative Formats (553.422 KB)
Chapter 12. Internal Employee Relations
In an employee’s work life cycle, there may be instances in which behavior needs to be corrected. Employees may fail to perform, violate work rules, and they may file grievances toward the organization. As a result, organizations must continue to maintain an appropriate and productive workplace. To do so, internal employee relations policies should be considered along with factors affecting those internal employee relations. Concepts such as employment at will, discipline, and termination are topic highlights. Also, the role of dispute resolution, transfers, promotions, resignations, and retirements are examined for their involvement in internal employee relations.
- Explain the concept of employment at will.
- Describe the concept of discipline and summarize disciplinary action.
- Discuss employment termination of various occupational groups.
- Explain the use of ombudspersons and alternative dispute resolution.
- Describe transfers, promotions, resignations, and retirements as factors involved in internal employee relations.
Reflect on the assigned readings for the week. Identify what you thought was the most important concept(s), method(s), term(s), and/or any other thing that you felt was worthy of your understanding.
Also, provide a graduate-level response to each of the following questions:
- How would a manager use the progressive disciplinary action approach? How would the use of this approach prevent employees from being surprised if they are terminated?
- Why are discipline and disciplinary action essential at any organization? What methods do firms use to ensure a disciplined workforce?
[Your initial post should be at least 450+ words and in APA format (including Times New Roman with font size 12 and double spaced). Post the actual body of your paper in the discussion thread then attach a Word version of the paper for APA review]
[Your initial posting should be completed by Thursday at 11:59 p.m. EST. All peer replies must be completed by Sunday at 11:59 p.m. EST]
[Your post must be substantive and demonstrate insight gained from the course material. A peer response such as “I agree with her,” or “I liked what he said about that” is not considered substantive and will not be counted for course credit. A blank post just to review other submissions will not be tolerated]
Define employment at will. Are there legal exceptions to the employment-at-will doctrine? How can employers protect themselves from wrongful discharge lawsuits? Discuss
The assignment is to answer the question provided above in essay form. This is to be in narrative form and should be as thorough as possible. Bullet points should not to be used. The paper should be at least 1.5 – 2 pages in length, Times New Roman 12-pt font, double-spaced, 1 inch margins and utilizing at least one outside scholarly or professional source related to human resource management. The textbook should also be utilized. Do not insert excess line spacing. APA formatting and citation should be used.