Identifying Types of Supporting MaterialsPurpose: To increase your familiarity with different types of supporting materials.Instructions: Go to the American Rhetoric website (americanrhetoric.co
Identifying Types of Supporting Materials
Purpose: To increase your familiarity with different types of supporting materials.
Instructions: Go to the American Rhetoric website (americanrhetoric.com) and choose a speech from the Speech Bank. After checking out the speech, answer the following questions.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- What speech did you choose? List the speaker, title, location, and date of the speech.
- List each type of supporting material—narratives, examples, definitions, testimony, facts and statistics—and indicate whether or not the speaker used that time. Give an example of each type of supporting material the speaker used.
- How effective were the supporting materials the speaker uses? Explain your answer.
- How did the supporting materials help the speaker achieve her or his specific purpose?
- What have you learned about supporting materials that you’ll apply to your speeches in the future?