NR532 Week 5 Legal/Regulatory Issue Assignment Latest 2018 April
Week 5: Legal/Regulatory Issue Assignment
The Legal/Regulatory Assignment must be submitted by Sunday 11:59 p.m. MT at the end of Week 5. The guidelines and grading rubric are located below and in the Course Resources.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
The purposes of this assignment are to: (a) identify and articulate key concepts of your legal/regulatory issue in a clear, succinct, and scholarly manner, (b) discuss strategies to reduce costs and improve quality of health related to your issue, and (c) provide empirical, scholarly evidence to support your proposed plan.
CO 3: Appraise the effects of strategies to reduce costs and improve the quality and safety of healthcare. (PO 1, 4)
CO 4: Organize legal and regulatory components of healthcare strategies to promote safety and quality care. (PO 1, 4)
CO 5: Synthesize and communicate research finding to promote quality improvement and safety in healthcare. (PO 1, 4)
1. This paper will be graded on quality of information, use of citations, use of Standard English grammar, sentence structure, and organization based on the required components.
2. Create this assignment using Microsoft (MS) Word, which is the required format for all Chamberlain documents. You can tell that the document is saved as a MS Word document because it will end in “.docx.”
3. Submit by 11:59 p.m. MT on Sunday of the week due. Any questions about this paper may be discussed in the weekly Q & A Discussion topic.
4. The length of the paper is to be no greater than three pages, excluding title page and reference page. Extra pages WILL NOT be read by the instructor and WILL NOT count toward your grade.
5. APA format (6th edition) is required in this assignment, including a title page and reference page. Use APA level 1 headings for the organizational structure of this assignment.Remember that the introduction does not carry a heading that labels it as a level heading in APA format. The first part of your paper is assumed to be the introduction. See APA manual for details. See Course Resources for: “Guidelines for Writing Professional Papers.” Use the suggested format and headings to organize your assignment.
1. Include introduction (do not label as a heading in APA format)
2. Steps related to legal/regulatory issue
3. State-board recovery program
5. Supporting evidence
Preparing the paper
As the nurse executive of a healthcare organization, it was reported to you that one of your nurses may be chemically impaired and has allegedly been taking drugs from the unit. This nurse also had two recent medication errors in the past week. Discuss the steps you would take to validate this suspicion and how you would proceed after the allegation was confirmed to be true.
1. Clearly introduce your legal/regulatory issue in the introduction paragraph; including a sentence that states the purpose of your paper.
2. Clearly articulate the steps you would take as the nurse leader to investigate the allegation of your legal/regulatory issue as stated above and how to proceed when the allegation is confirmed.
3. Investigate and discuss if your state board of nursing offers some type of recovery program for chemically-impaired nurses (a strategy). If they do not, discuss a proposed recovery program you would like to have implemented for your state.
4. Clearly articulate your strategies to improve costs and improve quality of healthcare related to the legal/regulatory issue stated above.
5. Include of a minimum of three sources of scholarly, empirical evidence that supports your strategies to improve costs and quality of healthcare.
6. Provide concluding statements that should summarize your overall assignment content.
7. The paper will be three pages maximum, excluding title and reference page(s)
o Note: If you go over the paper length, the information will not be graded by the instructor.
8. Title and reference page(s) must be in APA format (6th edition).
9. Use 12 Times New Roman font and one-inch margins on all sides of the paper.