You will prepare a report about the role of the Joint Commission (JC).
To begin, please visit the organization’s website:
Source: The Joint Commission: The Joint Commission. Retrieved from http://www.jointcommission.org/
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Additional research will be necessary.
- Write an essay
discussing the following:
- The role of the Joint Commission in accrediting medical facilities
- Which facilities can be accredited?
- What are the goals of the Commission?
- How do existing Joint Commission guidelines impact facilities that are not accredited by the Commission?
- What does it mean to a facility to be accredited by the Joint Commission?
- Is it mandatory for organizations to be accredited by the Joint Commission? If not, what impact does not having such accreditation mean in terms of reimbursement?Part II
a memorandum where:
- You are the administrator of the health information department for a medium-sized facility. You have just been informed by the compliance officer that the Joint Commission will be visiting your facility and will be focusing on your department.
- Begin the memorandum by including information you believe will be important for your personnel to know to prepare for the visit.
- Then, anticipate possible questions that the Commission might have for you in terms of compliance.
- How will you and your department respond to these questions? How will you manage any negative findings during the visit?
- Finally, discuss how current noncompliance findings can be avoided in the future in this memorandum.Requirements
- Complete both part of
the Assignment as follows:
- Part I should cover 4–5 pages
- Part II should cover 2–3 pages
- Use the Joint Commission website as one source and at least two other sources for your topic — a minimum of three references total.
- All formatting and references should use APA style.
- Total of 8–10 pages including the title page and reference page.