Long-Term and Organizational Success of Implementation
Adopting a workflow change requires consideration of many organization wide factors that span a much larger timescale and scope than the initial stages of implementation. The long-term success of a workflow redesign project depends not only on providing up-front support and training for end users but also on how well the project is maintained throughout its lifespan. Possible factors that influence the long-term, widespread effectiveness of a project include:
- An organization’s culture, mission, vision, and values
- End-user suggestions and feedback for improving the system
- System glitches or bugs that were not identified in the design and implementation stages
- Organizational restructuring or procedural changes that impact the basic functionality of the system
- The rise of incorrect uses of the system or lack of end user accountability for correct system usage
- New governmental or organizational requirements that have implications for the system
- The emergence of innovations and new technologies that render the system obsolete
In this Discussion, you focus on how these possibilities affect the long-term and organizational success of a project.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Review this week’s Learning Resources for insights on the long-term, widespread success of health care informatics projects.
- Consider how an organization can maintain a workflow’s efficiency and effectiveness once a change is implemented.
- Examine the long-term and organizational factors and issues mentioned above. How do these factors impact the enduring, widespread success of a project in the health care setting?
- What strategies could be used to address or accommodate these factors and issues? For example, help-desk support, regular training modules.
With this information in mind:
Postby tomorrow 11/01/16 a minimum of 550 words essays with a minimum of 3 scholarly references from the list below addressing the level one headings as numbered below:
1) An explanation of how organizational considerations can affect the long-term success of a project implemented to improve workflow.
2) Select 2–3 specific factors or issues and explain how they might impact the successful long-term implementation of a project.
3) Identify at least one strategy for addressing each factor or issue you selected. Justify your response.