Prepare a 4–5-page review of recent research that examines statistics on the primary health concern of a population, describes the methods and tools used in the research studies, explains the factors that affect health promotion and disease prevention for a population, and recommends a health care initiative.
Note: The assessments in this course build upon each other, so you are strongly encouraged to complete them in sequence.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
The ability to locate, evaluate, and apply research is an important skill for nurses to develop in order to provide evidence-based care for individuals, families, communities, and health care systems.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
· Competency 1: Explain the principles and concepts of disease prevention and health promotion for diverse and vulnerable populations.
. Compare the statistics for a health concern of a vulnerable or diverse population to the statistics for the general population, including ethical, legal, economic, and cultural factors.
. Explain the principles and concepts that influence health promotion and disease prevention for the identified vulnerable or diverse population.
. Recommend an evidence-based health care initiative for a specific health care concern of a vulnerable or diverse population.
· Competency 3: Apply basic epidemiological concepts, data analysis methods, tools, and databases to determine the effectiveness of health promotion and disease prevention initiatives for diverse and vulnerable populations.
. Describe the epidemiological concepts, data analysis methods, tools, and databases used in research studies related to health concerns for a vulnerable or diverse population.
. Describe health care initiatives used by organizations to address the health care concerns of vulnerable or diverse populations.
· Competency 5: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and consistent with expectations for members of the health care professions.
. Write content clearly and logically, with correct use of grammar, punctuation, APA formatting, and mechanics.
Your team has presented its preliminary findings to the executive leadership in your organization, but leadership has some doubts about some of the information they received. Each member of the team has been charged with doing a critical examination of recent research around each member’s area of expertise. As the team’s nursing representative, you need to look specifically at the health care concerns identified in the Windshield Survey assessment.
The first step in preparing to write a review of the research is to define your topic. For this assessment, your review will provide a comprehensive overview of the needs of the population you identified in the Windshield Survey assessment in terms of health promotion and disease prevention, the factors that contribute to health disparities for the population, and the need for the organization to improve health care delivery to the population.
In the Capella library, search for current scholarly or peer-reviewed professional research articles that:
· Examine the health care risks and needs of your population.
· Analyze the need to improve health care delivery to the population.
· Evaluate, critically, the factors that affect health promotion and disease prevention for the population.
· Examine strategies to reduce health disparities for your population.
Locate at least 5–7 resources so that you can eliminate 2–3 if necessary. You may discover, for example, as you read each article more in-depth, that they may not all have the focus you need for your review.
For this assessment, you need to develop several points around which to apply the research from the articles you located. Specifically, you need to:
· Compare statistics for the primary health concern of your population to the rest of the general population in the United States. This would include frequency of occurrence, age groups most at risk, frequency of fatality, and so on.
· Describe the epidemiological concepts, data analysis methods, tools, and databases used in the research studies you located. Address any flaws or biases you believe are present.
· Explain the factors that affect health promotion and disease prevention for the population. (Hint: These may be things such as language barriers, cultural values, generational differences, social fear, and access to services.)
· Describe the types of health care initiatives that have been tried by other organizations specifically for the primary health care concern or the population.
· Recommend one health care initiative for your population, based on your research,
These should be the ideas, or points, that your review is based on. For each point, present all of the evidence you located. For this assessment, that should be at least four current research articles, although not all of the articles will typically offer evidence on all of your points.
Be sure your assessment includes:
· An introduction that presents the points you will cover.
· The body that presents the research on the points.
· A conclusion that restates the points in your introduction.
Your assessment should be 4–5 pages in length, not including the title page and reference page. Be sure you follow APA guidelines for style and format.
· Include a title page and reference page. The completed assessment should be 4–5 pages in length, not including the title page and reference page.
· Reference at least four current scholarly or professional resources.
· Use current APA format.
· Use Times New Roman font, 12 point.