QUESTIONMAY 26, 2017
Please help with homework
The perspective of community in behavioral health services has changed over the last several decades. It has evolved from isolation to being community-operated services.
Read the following articles from the EBSCO host database:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Ahr, P. (2005, January). Community mental health principles: A 40-year case study. Behavioral Health Management, 25(1), 15–17.
- Bazemore, P. (2005, July). When state hospitals were communities. Behavioral Health Management, 25(4), 10–12.
- Oss, M. (2004, May). All roads lead to community-based care. Behavioral Health Management, 24(2), 6.
- Edwards, D. J. (2005). The Behavioral Health Industry. Behavioral Health | Management, 25(3), 49.
Review the articles to create a synopsis on the perspective of community in behavioral health services. In the synopsis, make sure to include the following pointers:
- Compare and contrast the differences between the isolation principles of institutional care and the present-day community-based services.
- Analyze whether community-based services provide better care and treatment for those diagnosed with persistent mental illness. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Analyze whether there is a purpose behind providing institutional care to individuals diagnosed with persistent mental illness. Provide a rationale for your response.